Windows or Mac OS X and Photoshop CC 2019 20.0.0 and later
What's the difference between full and free demo versions?
Demo version have 5 items limitation for name list. Full version with out any limitations.
- Multiple layers renaming - You can select a lot of layers and rename it in 1 click.
- Find and Replace - Simple text replace which is done using '->' arrow without quotas. For example,
to replace .png extension with .jpg you could write: .png->.jpg
to remove .png extension you could write (just left blank right part):
- Regex - Powerful advanced mechanism of matching substrings.
Pattern and result value are delimited with "=>" (without quotas). For example,
to remove suffixes .png or .jpg for layer's name you could use next regex:
to remove annoying suffix "copy (number of copy)" which is added when you copy layer, you could use next regex:
- Manage name list - Keep all layers names in your list, you can add or delete names.
- Live name filtering - You can easily search in your names list.
- Autocomplete - Just start typing and Renamy will provide you complete your name from your name list.
- Additional name - Just add "+" before name and instead of renaming you can add additional name to the current name.
- Orignal layer name usage - Put "*" in any position in new name and star will be replaced with previous layer name.
- Long names - Use more than 64 signs (Photoshop limitation).
- 1 step history - Reverse all Renamy changes in 1 step. You could use "Ranamy Backup" history snapshot to revert all latest changes in one click.
- Rename with iterator - Just select your layers and use "%NN" to rename it to "01", "02", "03" ... Or use "%nn" for back order.
Works perfect for:
Use ZXPInstaller or similar installer to install this extension.
After successfull installation you need to restart Photoshop and could run Renamy from Photoshop menu
"Window" --> "Extensions" --> "Renamy".